Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 32!

Hello!

I have been so swamped with work lately that I have not had the time to make a blog post, I have a ton of pictures and recipes I am storing up to put on here.  Today I am going to show you fresh homemade vegan gnocchi in a eggplant pomodoro sauce, rice pudding, and I am going to review a product I had, pictures included. 

Fresh Homemade Gnocchi
2 Lbs of Baking Potatoes (Any kind you like will do)
1 Cup Four
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder

Eggplant Pomodoro Sauce
1/2 Onion Small Dice
1/2 Eggplant, Peeled, and Small Diced (Always peel and eggplant, the peel is bitter)
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 Can Sans Marzano Tomatoes (Can you tell I love this?)
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
Vegetable Oil to Coat the Pan
Dash of Red Pepper Flakes

Eggplant Pomdoro Sauce:
Get a pot on the stove,  put heat on medium high, coat pan with oil add the onion and eggplant, cook until tender.  Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes.  Put the Sans Marzano Tomatoes and pulse a few times in a blender, you still want some chunks in there.  Into the eggplant, onion, garlic mixture add oregano, stir and then add the tomatoes.  Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, and get your gnocchi working during this process.  Salt and Pepper to taste, and adding red pepper flakes to your liking.  Easy Peasy.

Gnocchi:
Get a pot of cold water on the stove, bring to boil, peel and rough chop the potatoes, tossing them in and cooking until you can stick a knife easily through.  When draining, save the potato liquid.

Mash the potatoes in a bowl.

Add 1/4 c of flour at a time, folding into the potatoes.  If it gets to dry add a bit of the potato water.  Fold in salt, oregano, garlic powder.

Pinch off small rounds of the gnocchi dough and press against the back of a fork, getting the ridges, slightly rolling the gnocchi down the fork. 

Get a pot of fresh water boiling and salted. (Always salt water when cooking pastas, makes the flavor better, in culinary school they would always say salty like the ocean.)

Cook a few gnocchi at a time to make sure it holds up in the water, wait for them to bob to the surface, pull out of water and add to the sauce.

They will be like little clouds, not dense like the store bought.


Vegan Rice Pudding:
1/2 Cup Sushi Rice
7 Cups Almond Vanilla Milk
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla

Rinse the sushi rice thoroughly at least 3-4 times.  On a pot on stove add 1 cup milk, cinnamon, sugar Sushi rice and salt.  Cook over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes.

Gradually Add 5 more cups in increments to the pot, cover and let simmer.  After 20 - 25 minutes uncover and add the remaining cup of milk in it, bring to heat.  Serve warm, or cold your choice.  Super easy right?  And you can use the leftover sushi rice from the other week.

                                                                    Delish!

So I am going to do my first product review,  my husband found this at market basket and it was amazing!

Absolutely amazing, like I can't even tell you.  I am so happy with this, I made a double burger one day cause I was starving and it was so easy to make, I took out of the freezer, put a pan on the stove seared it on both sides on low, so it could unfreeze and it came out perfect.



I used:
Whole Wheat Bun,
Little Pickles
Red Onions
Tomato and Avocado, that I salted. 
I smothered it in a barbecue sauce I found that I can have
Kale
Absolutely great, I recommend everyone try this.

That's all for now, I'll update tomorrow!

Namaste,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment