Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 41!

Hello all,

I haven't been able to post for a week, we have been preparing for the mayhem that still continues of valentines day.  I wanted to share with you a vegan pizza and a stir fry that was amazing!

Vegan Pizza

1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Bread Flour
2 1/4 Teaspoon Yeast (I like to use fresh, but had only instant on hand)
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon good olive oil
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Any Sauce of Your Choice
Any Toppings of Your Choice

Put the flour,sugar,salt, oregano, and garlic into a food processor, and pulse a few times.  Put the yeast into the water and let activate for 5 minutes.  Turn the food processor on and slowly stream in the oil, it will form a ball ,make sure its not the wet looking, if so add a bit more flour, put into a oiled bowl and cover with a semi wet towel and let rise for a hour.

Once risen, punch down and roll out onto a floured surface.  Add whatever toppings and sauce you want! Oven should be 350, bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.

Voila! Vegan Pizza! 

Super easy!

So onto the vegan stir fry, since becoming vegan I have discovered rice noodles, and they are my absolute favorite, I don't trust any place to buy them since the one time I did they came smothered in eggs, so that's a no.  You can buy them anywhere I think I found these at H Mart, but I have seen them at Market Basket.  Anywhoo.

Vegan Stir Fry:

Rice Noodles
Can of baby carrots(Can be found in Asian sections)
Sugar Snap Peas
Heart of Palm (Can be found in either Asian or Goya section)
Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
Chili Garlic Sauce
Soy Sauce
Rice Vinegar
Oil to coat pan

Boil the rice noodles, depending on the directions.  In another pot coat the bottom of the pan with oil, and add carrots, peas, heart of palm and mushrooms, and cook until tender.  Hit the pan with soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce, toss in the noodles, make sure there is enough sauce to coat the noodles with.

Yay!




I wanted to take a second to talk about how veganism has changed the way I do reiki, I know this is off topic but here it goes.

I am now a advanced reiki practitioner as of a few days ago, and I wanted to say how being a vegan really has changed the way I do reiki, I feel like it doesn't weigh me down and that my gutters are not clogged, and has changed the way I experience it, like the whole thing just comes naturally.  

That's all for now!  I will post more soon, including an empanada recipe!

Namaste,
V




No comments:

Post a Comment