Sunday, January 13, 2013

Newbie Vegan

Hi there!

My name is V, and welcome to my blog about being new to veganism, where I will talk about my journey with veganism.

 I will tell you a little about myself, about how I started my new life with veganism and how wonderfully different it has become in my life, so maybe its not all so confusing. :)
I live in a itty bitty tiny town on the east coast, and I am a chef, and I decided to go vegan...odd I know.  I was always preaching about how food is wonderful and how we are meant to eat proteins and that is how it is supposed to be.  Now mind you, I do still believe food is wonderful and exquisite, and so beautiful, that is why I got into the culinary industry in the first place, but one day I was talking about vegans and how odd their life style choice was, but yet I knew absolutely nothing about it, all I knew was what I was taught in school and heard in numerous restaurants about vegans and saw the eye rolls of servers when vegans were in a five star restaurant asking to change our "brilliant" menu around, and we all just went along with it, and yet we barely catered to them.

When I was in culinary school I had a teacher in one of my advanced classes, telling me how awful it was that the food industry didn't help cater to vegans and vegetarians, and that they deserved so much better than what restaurants were putting out, because they believed in something worth while and none of us understood.

So anyways, I was one day talking about veganism and thought to myself on how clueless I was, so I went home and watched a few documentaries on netflix, and I was immediately hooked on it.  I couldn't believe what was going on in slaughter houses, I mean I always kind of had an idea, but never really paid much mind to it.  These poor animals were treated so inhumanly and what good was it really doing for our bodies.  How actually not eating proteins was better for you, and not eating any animal products, was to.  Helped your heart, weight, etc.  So I decided to go for it.

A little more about me is that I am a very spiritual person,  I am reiki certified, practice yoga, meditate, and I thought veganim would enhance all of these aspects of my life too.

Today is day 7 of my journey, and I want to document it all.

I haven't have the time to start a blog in the past week, I have been so busy with work and what not, but I do want to talk about what has been going on the past week.

Well, I feel wonderful.  I cook all day with different proteins and now it just seems so cruel to me, and bothers me, but it is work and I have to.

I will continue tomorrow, and tell you all more.  Thank you so much for your time!  Keep in tune!

Namaste,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment